All Collections
Projects Currently Underway
Do You Offer 1099, W9, or W8-BEN-E Tax Forms?
Do You Offer 1099, W9, or W8-BEN-E Tax Forms?

IRS tax forms (W-2, W-9, 1099-MISC, W8-BEN-E)

Updated over a week ago

One of the many advantages of paying your expert through Codeable is that you should not be required to file IRS tax forms (W-2, W-9, 1099-MISC, etc.) for those freelancers.

Our freelancers are classified as independent contractors and you actually aren't paying them directly. You're paying Codeable ApS which is a Danish corporation with no offices in the USA, and then Codeable pays your expert when you mark the project as complete. Since Codeable ApS is a business headquartered in Denmark, we are exempt from IRS 1099 reporting requirements

There is, however, another form that we can provide you upon request. This is the IRS form W8-BEN-E, which is an appropriate form for companies like ours who are based in Denmark and working with USA-based clients.

If you would want the W8-BEN-E form, please message us in support via Intercom or by emailing [email protected] and we'll be happy to generate one for you.

Did this answer your question?